SECTION 1 - SEASON SCHEDULE
A. Playing Dates
1. The regular and play-off season for the COMFL Atom, Pewee and Bantam divisions shall be completed by the second weekend in November.
2. The first game for the Atom, Peewee and Bantam divisions shall be played no sooner than the second weekend of August.
3. Games will be scheduled, when possible, on weekends.
4. Holiday weekend games will be scheduled on Mondays.
5. The scheduler may schedule other mid-week games, but only if necessary to complete a schedule.
B. Game Times
1. Game starting times will be as follows on weekends
Atom 9:30am Peewee 11:30am
2. In addition, the following should be noted,
All mid-week games 8:15pm.
3. Starting times and dates are subject to change by mutual agreement of the centre Presidents involved and the scheduler's approval.
4. Any team not on the field and ready to play 15 minutes after the scheduled kick-off or after any delay in the previous game may default the game at the Board of Directors discretion.
Semi Finals - Tier 1 and Tier 2
4th place plays 1st place
3rd place plays 2nd place.
2. Fall Seasonfinals will be played as a triple-header at a site to be determined by the Board of Director.
3. Championship Days will be held at a field agreed to by the Board of Directors. Neutral officials will be used with no official officiating more than two games.
3. Officials should be advised of overtime procedures for Playoff and Championship games as follows:
In the event that the score is tied at the end of the second half of a game each team will be given the opportunity to score using the following procedure. The first team, as determined by a coin toss, shall scrimmage the ball at the opponent’s 35 yard line, and may advance by consecutive series of downs until it makes a score or loses the possession. The second teams will then scrimmage at the same 35 – yard line and proceed as above. If the score is still tied the procedure shall be repeated until a winner is declared after both teams have had equal opportunities. White book version
1. Ties for playoff positions will be broken by the following formula:
a. head to head (wins/loses)
b. head to head (total point differential)
c. total points for and against (no more than 15 point spread per game).
d. flip of coin (tie for 1st and 2nd only)
e. if a tie for the final play-off position can not be resolved by criteria a, b, or c, then a qualification game will be held. In this case the flip of a coin will determine home field.
1. All protests must be lodged by phone with the Registrar by an Association Executive member (other than the coaches involved) within 24 hours of the game having been completed.
2. Protests must be followed by a letter and a cheque for $100.00 dated within 5 days of the game.
3. Protest cheque is not refundable if the protest is lost.
4. Any Executive member of the League's Board of Directors can not be a member of the protest committee if their team is involved in the protest.
1. A team with less players dressed for a game than fifteen (15) for Atom, Peewee or Bantam will automatically default the game.
2. Defaulting team is responsible for their own costs and the direct incurred costs of the opponents based on the receipts provided by the opponent.
3. If either team fails to notify the opponent team of a cancellation, 72 hours in advance of the scheduled game time, the team that fails to notify shall be responsible for the direct incurred costs of the opponent for that game and any extra direct incurred costs of the opponent for the re-scheduled game. The costs will be determined based on receipts provided by the opponent. The 72 hour Cancellation is not applicable due to any act of God, such as, but not limited to flooding or act of vandalism. The canceling centre may be asked to provide confirmation of said cancellation.
4. If the teams are notified in time (72 hours prior to game time) the game will be rescheduled without penalty.
5. Any team that intentionally defaults a game is automatically eliminated from post season play upon a majority vote of the Board of Directors and the standings are adjusted accordingly.
6. The score of a defaulted game is 15-0.